Friday, August 27, 2010

Cake Boss, Not Quite


We had Lucy's first birthday party last Saturday. It was wonderful. The weather was beautiful and plenty of family and friends came to celebrate with us. She wasn't exactly feeling well, but we still had fun.
The cake came out, well...not so hot. The recipe was fantastic and I loved the cake itself. When it came time to frost, though. Man. I was ready to give up. Constantly adding more confec. sugar, then more milk. More sugar, more milk. Repeat. It was humid and I just couldn't get a nice consistency, so finally I had to give up (the party was starting in less than an hour and I was still in pj's) and just let it be that the frosting would be thin. It was extremely difficult to frost the sides because of this. I even tried to put the frosting in the refrigerator for about a half hour, but it just wasn't long enough. Oh well. Live and learn. Hopefully by next year I'll have this frosting sitch under control.


I love birthdays. I just think they're wonderful and fun, and why not put a huge smile on that person's face, right? Well, that's what I was aiming for yesterday.

Nate actually loved it. I mean, who wouldn't love coming home to a huge banner for their birthday, right?! Perhaps I had too much time on my hands, but nonetheless it put a huge smile on his face when he got home from work.
So needless to say, it's been a fun week in the Picard household. I'm so thankful that Nate's home this time around to enjoy it with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment