Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blueberry Love






I tried my hand at a Blueberries & Cream Double Layer Cake last week, and the result was fantastic. How do I judge the result, you ask? Well, it's pretty simple. My husband devoured (literally) half of the cake within minutes of it being finished. I think that's about all the judgement I need! It was super easy to make (which, with a baby is great news!) and it looks like we'll be having some more for Lucy's birthday party.





Today's dessert: Almond Blueberry Buckle.



Another easy recipe that promises to keep my husband full and content!



Incase you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of blueberries, and try to take advantage of Maine's FANTASTIC wild blueberries in the summertime. For dinner I'm going to make some blueberry barbeque sauce for chicken and pork on the grill. Yum.






The duration of our summer will surely be spent splitting the lovely 10 cord of wood that you see Lucy sitting in front of. Doesn't she just look so little here?! The wood is all cut, but now onto splitting. I love this part, because I can participate and feel satisfied when I grab the maul and go at it, slicing the wood right in half (well...sometimes in half. I might miss every now and then).




We've also had some time to relax and soak up this wonderful life we have with Lucy. We try to get her outside as much as possible - whether it's having her in the garden with us, playing in her swing, crawling on the grass or in her little baby pool. I hope she grows to love this home as much as we do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment