Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Star Trek Halloween
















Lucy isn't exactly the subject in this post, but Nate and I certainly had a fun little "adventure" on Saturday night.
My work, The Bangor Y, has an Annual Auction.

This is the 12th, to be exact.

The night starts with a silent auction and finishes with a live one. It's a fun time for all, even if that means it's more hectic for some than others.

Since the event was so close to Halloween this year, the organizers decided to make it a costume party.

Most of the staff dressed up, but the members and auction go-ers weren't quite into it, I guess. But that didn't stop my wonderful husband, Nate!

He has a pretty severe Star Trek obsession, and I hate to say it but that obsession has completely worn off on me. I find myself checking the channels any time that I'm home, hoping old Star Trek episodes or movies might be on BBC or SyFy.

Yes, it's completely dorky.
Yes, I am 100% ok with it.

So this (naturally) felt like my chance to *finally* be able to dress up as Uhura. I mean, the red dress, the earpiece, the black boots, the slicked-back black hair (yes, of course I am referring to the 2009 Star Trek Movie Uhura, not the perm and skirt-set Uhura), the Starfleet Communicator...what's not to love?!
Plus it didn't hurt that Nate made a killer Spock. So serious and intriguing, that's my man!


Our friends Jen and Kathy showed up for the fun, and they dressed up as well!

Kathy represented as the Real Housewife of Penobscot County, Jen as Tink and myself as Uhura.

Lots of wine, lots of fun and lots of laughs! Thanks for such a fun night, everyone!

Happy Halloween!!

1 comments:

The Ramos Family

This night was so much fun! Glad to share it with The Real Housewife, Uhura and Spock (and lots and lots of alcohol)!

Post a Comment